[mei-neumes-ig] @s-shaped, MEI 0.21

Kate Helsen katehelsen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 13:38:14 CEST 2017

Re: n|e|s|w etc. as a value of @tilt for the S-shape, is there another way
of indicating whether the shape is oriented vertically (like a normal
looking S) or horizontally? Then we could look at describing the shape, in
those two orientations. (We had toyed with mirror-S shape, for example.)

Sorry if this is rehashing things, but when you write, "...encode the music
notation, not describe the shapes on a page", in cases like Old Hispanic
and Hartker neumes, I'm not entirely clear on the difference. I'm pretty
sure that difference is crucial, though.

Thanks,