[mei-neumes-ig] Question #2

Kate Helsen katehelsen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:40:00 CEST 2016

In the list you have, we specifically did not try to describe any neume
which looked like it was put together of several neumes. (Imagine, for
example, that you have a pes followed by two puncti, the first higher than
the second. That's called "Pes Subipunctis" and is considered one "neume",
but it is made up of those two basic neumes, the second of which is
repeated.

HOWEVER: now that we have "connection" as one of the attributes of the
neume, and we can used "gapped connection" as a legit kind of connection,
we can describe the compound neumes, right? That was my understanding,
anyway. And, going on that, Inga and I are now adding those kind of neumes
to the table. (That's why it's taking some time.)

Cheers,