[MEI-L] CFP: 10th International Conference on Digital Libraries for Musicology (DLfM 2023)

annplaksin at gmx.net annplaksin at gmx.net
Thu Apr 27 16:57:34 CEST 2023

CFP: 10th International Conference on Digital Libraries for Musicology (In
Association with ISMIR 2023), November 10, 2023, Biblioteca del
Conservatorio di Milano

CALL FOR PAPERS AND POSTERS

DLfM welcomes contributions related to any aspect of digital libraries and
musicology, including topics related to musical archiving and retrieval,
cataloguing and classification, musical databases, special collections,
music encodings and representations, computational musicology, or music
information retrieval (MIR).

Given DLfM’s return this year as a satellite event of the ISMIR conference,
we welcome papers that apply MIR technologies to “music documents” with a
focus on cultural heritage preservation. Scores and music documents have
been digitized by libraries and archives worldwide for preservation and
access. Some of these digital libraries' resources are being converted into
symbolic files representing the music content of the documents. These
symbolic music files, in turn, allow for more interaction with the
music—through rendering, playback, search, and computational music analysis.
At this DLfM congress, we aim to stimulate discussions around the use of MIR
technologies in symbolic music and their implications for cultural heritage
preservation.

The organizing committee strongly encourages papers and posters that address
the theme, however, we welcome all papers addressing all traditional topics
that fall under the scope of DLfM. Specific examples of topics traditionally
covered at DLfM can be found at https://dlfm.web.ox.ac.uk.

Proceedings of the DLfM 2023 are expected to be published in ACM ICPS as an
Open Access publication as in previous years. Like last year, we are
planning to be able to offer authors an open access proceedings paper
without passing on the cost to authors.

IMPORTANT DATES (AoE)

* Paper (full paper and short paper) submission deadline: Friday, June 30,
2023
* Notification of paper acceptance: Friday, September 01, 2023
* Poster submission deadline: Friday, September 08, 2023
* Camera-ready submission deadline (full and short papers): Friday,
September 29, 2023
* Conference registration deadline: TBA
* Conference: Friday, November 10, 2023, at Biblioteca del Conservatorio di
Milano

SUBMISSIONS

Paper submissions

* Paper length: We invite full papers (up to 8 pages excluding references)
or short papers (up to 4 pages excluding references).
* Submissions: work is submitted to DLfM via EasyChair
(https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dlfm2023).
* Format: Submissions must be in English, formatted according to the
appropriate ACM template (see template below), in PDF format, and A4 size.
Authors will need to follow ACM's instructions for formatting carefully.
Assistance will be provided from the proceedings chair.
* Templates: Authors must use either the LaTeX template
(https://portalparts.acm.org/hippo/latex_templates/acmart-primary.zip, use
the 'sigconf', 'review', and 'anonymous' settings for initial submission),
the LaTeX + Overleaf template
(https://www.overleaf.com/latex/templates/association-for-computing-machiner
y-acm-sig-proceedings-template/bmvfhcdnxfty, use the 'review' and
'anonymous' settings for initial submission), or the MS Word template
(https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/publications/word_style/interim
-template-style/interim-layout.docx). Historically, LaTeX versions have been
easier to process into camera-ready versions. Therefore, we encourage all
authors to use the LaTeX (or LaTeX + Overleaf) template if possible.
* Page limits for submitted papers apply to all text, excluding the
bibliography (i.e., references can be included on pages over the specified
limits).

Poster submissions

* Submission: The initial poster submission consists of an abstract which
outlines both the scholarly content and broad details of the proposed layout
in 500 words or fewer.
* Format: Posters will be formatted in A0 specifications. A template will be
sent closer to the conference date to authors of accepted poster abstracts.
All accepted posters will also be required to submit before the conference
date a digital copy to be shared publicly on the conference web page.

Review and Ethics

Papers (long and short) will be double blind peer reviewed by 2-3 members of
the programme committee. For accepted paper submissions, at least one author
must register for the conference (as a presenter) by the conference
registration deadline.

DLfM conforms to the usual conventions for publication ethics. For instance,
we endeavour to provide an effective reviewing process that is fair to all
submissions, with reviews from experts in the subject area. In turn, we
expect authors to ensure anonymity in the original submission as far as
practically possible, (for instance by not uploading the submission to
public website and/or removing any currently public unpublished preprints
while it is under review) and that submissions to DLfM are not under active
consideration by another conference or journal.

Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dlfm2023
Contact email: dlfm2023 at easychair.org

CONFERENCE ORGANIZATION

Programme Chair
Martha E. Thomae, DDMAL, Schulich School of Music, McGill University,
Montreal

General Chair
Laurent Pugin, RISM Digital Center / University of Bern

Proceedings and Publicity Chair
Anna Plaksin, Institut für Kunstgeschichte und Musikwissenschaft, Abteilung
Musikwissenschaft, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz