[MEI-L] Music computing session at Sequences in London workshop, 12 May 2023

David Lewis D.Lewis at gold.ac.uk
Tue Apr 25 17:54:50 CEST 2023

[with apologies for cross posting]

Workshop: Sequences in London
Dates: 11-12 May, 2023
Location: Goldsmiths, University of London
Website: https://sites.google.com/view/sequencesworkshop
Free registration: https://forms.office.com/e/JV5Z4czfym

Sequences in London is a 2-day workshop that aims to gather researchers working on different aspects of symbolic sequences, including string algorithms and data structures, computational biology, music information retrieval, and combinatorics on words, as well as application areas.

From 2:30-5:00pm on 12 May, we will have a session dedicated to music, starting with guest speaker Anja Volk of Utrecht University:

2:30 –3.30 Anja Volk
    Music Information Computing: Strings, notes, and patterns to advance our understanding of musical experiences

4:00–4:25 Timothy de Reuse
    The effect of symbolic representation design on notions of difference between musical scores

4:25–4:50 Lele Liu
    Sequence modelling for audio-to-score music transcription

4:50–5:15 Jamie Forth
    Point-set methods of pattern discovery in music

Registration is free. We look forward to welcoming a varied audience and lively discussions, so please do register as soon as possible at https://forms.office.com/e/JV5Z4czfym