[MEI-L] First efforts to bring modal notation to MEI

Eleanor Selfridge-Field esfield at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 16 22:34:16 CEST 2021

If you look broadly at other music-encoding systems, you will find periodic coverage in our yearbook Computing in Musicology (1985-2008), which are indexed in RILM and now included in the extended RILM subscription.  Brief title information can be found at http://www.ccarh.org/publications/books/cm/.   Later issues are available from the MIT Press.  Various issues in early notational styles are presented in Vols. 6, 8, 10, and 12.

Digital Resources for Musicology (drm.ccarh.org) contains information on open-access projects.  Its companion ADAM (Archive of Digital Applications in Music) features projects that originated in the mainframe era.  See especially the work of Nortbert Böker-Heil: https://adam.ccarh.org/.

Eleanor

Eleanor Selfridge-Field
Stanford/CCARH/Parkard Humanities Inst.
Braun Music Center #129