[MEI-L] Tools/libraries to find staves in scanned sheet music

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at bodleian.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 30 18:12:15 CEST 2020

I think the most current algorithm implemented in the MusicStaves toolkit is the Stable Paths algorithm (we implemented it at McGill a few years back):

https://gamera.informatik.hsnr.de/addons/musicstaves/doc/gamera.toolkits.musicstaves.stafffinder_stable_path.StaffFinder_stable_path.html

You can download the source code here:

https://gamera.informatik.hsnr.de/addons/musicstaves/

The classes are described here:

https://gamera.informatik.hsnr.de/addons/musicstaves/doc/plugins.html

If you don't want to get Gamera running to use them, the papers are referenced in the documentation and you should be able to re-implement the algorithms in the language of your choice from the Python code.

-Andrew