[MEI-L] Tools/libraries to find staves in scanned sheet music

Urs Liska ul at openlilylib.org
Thu Apr 30 19:03:38 CEST 2020

Hi Andrew (and David Lewis),

thank you for the reference.
For the project at hand I'm not so much interested in a way to
reimplement algorithms but rather in tools that can be used in a
scripted environment. So probably I'll rather have a closer look at
Audiveris.

But such a library, especially as Python, is definitely something very
interesting regarding my longer-term ideas for Frescobaldi. I'm shocked
to see how long it has been since we added the manuscript viewer to it,
but it had always been my plan to push it more into the direction of an
editorial tool (in the sense of music editing vs. code editing).

Best
Urs