[MEI-L] encoding orchestra cast with alternative instruments

Roland, Perry D. (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Wed Jan 25 23:48:53 CET 2017

Hi Benni and Axel, everyone,

This is why <perfResList> is self-nesting and why it is named, perhaps a little obtusely, "performance resource list".  It's a way of grouping performing resources, whether they are groups of like instruments, such as strings or woodwinds, or whether they are resources used/supplied (?) by a single performer.  I tried to inject a <performer> element in the model, but I remember that it became too complex for my meager faculties to contemplate.