[MEI-L] Bracketed Lines in MEI

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Oct 1 00:08:10 CEST 2015

The idiosyncracies that will inevitably arise is a large part why I'm making it an option, since it would be *useful* to many people, but it would make assumptions that would probably not be globally desirable.

For endings, however, the Sibelius plugin will treat them as endings and encode them as such in MEI. In this case I do infer the meaning, but it's because Sibelius has a very specific symbol for endings ('RepeatTimeLine') whereas the brackets that I showed earlier are just represented by the generic 'Line' type.

-Andrew