[MEI-L] Mei Repeats

Craig Sapp craigsapp at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 05:36:12 CEST 2015

Also it would be good to discuss how to deal with da capo sort of repeats,
and how to deal with da capo with an implicit "senza ripetizioni".

A somewhat extreme case occurs in Chopin's mazurka Op. 7 No. 2 in A minor:

http://petrucci.mus.auth.gr/imglnks/usimg/f/f0/IMSLP00461-Chopin_-_5_Mazurkas__Op_7.pdf
(pages 3 & 4)

Different pianists will play the four printed sections of this piece in
various ways (score says to do AABBCDDA):

 And Raffaele can discuss/think how to access measures in the score which
is coordinated with the score.  Such as if I wanted to start the
performance of the score at the start of the last repetition of the A
section which is at measure 1 in the score, but typically the third
performance of measure 1 in a recording...
​

-=+Craig