[MEI-L] MEI-based catalogue of Carl Nielsen's works now online

Richard Freedman rfreedma at haverford.edu
Thu Oct 2 12:57:26 CEST 2014

I agree that this new project shows us how we can exploit the great
capacity of the MEI header for controlling large copora.

Since it might be of interest to others in the community, I'll add a
brief follow up on the incipits and Sibelius:  thanks to the efforts
of various members of the Du Chemin Lost Voices team (Andrew
Hankinson, Raffaele Viglianti, Zoltan Komives, and Micah Walter) we
now have the tools and workflow that takes us from Sibelius to MEI and
in turn to dynamic rendering of notation in any browser.  (The
workflows also include methods by which editors can include variant
readings without needing to edit the MEI files directly).

There are of course limitations to the rendering, but this might be of use.

The code for all of this is available on GitHub.  I can share detailed
instructions for editors.

Richard Freedman