[MEI-L] future MEI Board

Roland, Perry D. (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Fri Jun 13 23:26:34 CEST 2014

Hi Benni, everyone,

On point 1 -- I have no preference since the normal modus operandi of the Board should be to arrive at decisions by consensus, not by voting.

Regarding point 2 -- Again, I have no preference, but the role of the host institution representative should be spelled out.  Since decisions should be made by consensus, I hesitate to say that the host institution rep. should be a voting member.  I prefer something like -- "The host institution representative has the same rights in the decision-making process of the Board as other members."

On point 3 -- I do have a preference for 6 elected members plus host institution-appointed representatives.  I think a 6-member Board can be more efficient.  Also, if we ever do get to the point of having resources to do so, reimbursing 6 people's travel expenses is cheaper.  :-)