[MEI-L] future MEI Board

Byrd, Donald A. donbyrd at indiana.edu
Sun Jun 15 13:14:47 CEST 2014

On point 1, aiming for consensus is great, but surely voting will be
necessary on occasion, so I think an odd number is preferable.

On point 2, I have no opinion.

On point 3, I think 6 elected representatives plus
institution-appointed representatives is _plenty_ large! ISMIR is a
fairly similar organization to I think what we're talking about. I was
on the ISMIR Steering Committee until about 2008, with 8 or 9 members,
I forget exactly, and that was already a bit cumbersome. And Perry's
point about travel $$ makes sense.

--Don