[MEI-L] history of sources / items

Axel Teich Geertinger atge at kb.dk
Wed Apr 2 12:01:15 CEST 2014

Hi Johannes/Kristina/Joachim

As far as I remember <history> was not actively dropped from source and item, it just never has been implemented.  Introducing it could be a good idea indeed.
In that context I would like to call to mind the question about the <provenance> element again, now placed in <physDesc>. It has been suggested moving it to <physLoc>, but placing it in a history element seems even better to me.
But yes, that would break backward compatibility :-(

Best wishes,
Axel