[MEI-L] Encoding elisions

Roland, Perry (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Sat Apr 27 00:59:36 CEST 2013

One can object to this on philosophical grounds, but practical considerations make it very difficult to allow <abbr> and its editorial brethren to hold both text and music notation.  That would lead to utter chaos and confusion.  Here be dragons!

Perry Roland
Music Library
University of Virginia
P. O. Box 400175