[MEI-L] Connection/relation of multiple parts

Raffaele Viglianti raffaeleviglianti at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 12:58:33 CET 2012

Well, although I agree in principle, there can be substantial information
in the header upon which the body depends. Think of source description and
their essential role in making sense of @source attributes across the
document, or rendition elements in TEI for @rend, etc. In this context, I
don't see a problem with encoding the relations between parts in the header
similarly to how one would encode the relations between sources.

Nonetheless, @prev and @next may be a quick and perfectly valid solution to
this problem.

Best,
Raffaele