[MEI-L] Events inside events

Roland, Perry (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Mar 13 15:02:52 CET 2012

Laurent,

Yep, the first "option" (which really isn't an option now) has several problems.

Maybe this isn't so bad for turns because they always apply to single notes, but 2 different ways of encoding trills ("single note" vs. "wavy line" or "instaneous" vs. "continuing") seems to me to be asking for trouble.  Or so I'm always told by my developer friends.  :-)

So, this is one place where I believe consistency is our friend, even if it's a not-so-beautiful, slightly difficult to deal with friend.

Perry Roland
Music Library

University of Virginia
P. O. Box 400175