[MEI-L] Events inside events

Laurent Pugin laurent at music.mcgill.ca
Mon Mar 12 21:58:28 CET 2012

Thanks for the clarification. I had forgotten that turn would have a
@timestamp. I agree that the second option is more intuitive and I also
like it better. If we still want to allow the first one, wouldn't the first
<note> within <reg> also have to have a @timestamp? One more reason to
prefer the second option, I guess.

Now I don't want to perpetuate the circular discussion, but do we want to
always use the @timestamp solution (i.e., that requires double pass
decoding) even for cases where <turn> (or other) applies to one single
note? That is, couldn't the following solution be acceptable?

<note>
 <turn>
   <!-- interpretation of how to perform the turn -->
   <note/>
   <note/>
   <note/>
   <note/>
 </turn>
<note>

I am sure you already answered it before, sorry about it. Or is this what
you mean by abomination?

Laurent