[MEI-L] neumes samples anywhere?

TW zupftom at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 15 20:31:48 CET 2011

Thanks for your very detailed responses, Stefan and Andrew.

I'm aware that neumes originally don't record the exact pitch, but I
already saw that the neumes in this example were on lines[1].  That's
why I asked, and no, I don't regret it at all :-).

To sum it up, if I want to find out where the neumes were positioned,
I currently would have to derive this from the <note>s inside the
<uneume> elements.  (If we have diastematic neumes.)  But we can
expect to hear more from what's being developed in Tübingen.

Thomas

[1] http://www.ccarh.org/publications/cm/12/02/