[MEI-L] Music21 MEI support

Andrew Hankinson, Mr andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue Jan 11 01:12:55 CET 2011

For that specific example (changing hands), MEI already provides support for that: The "hand", "handlist" and "handshift" elements.

As I understand it, the generic "section" element in MEI can be used to annotate different parts, e.g., the beginning of a fugue section, a transition point from solo to choir, or even just to mark a changing clef or key signature.

-Andrew