[MEI-L] Music21 MEI support

Eleanor Selfridge-Field esfield at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 11 00:49:33 CET 2011

Mike has a good point here about "metadata that applies to specific parts
of a score". I can interpret that two ways--"parts" as in instrumental
parts of a performing score, but also "portions" as in the B section of a
movement, or simply a foreign hand that enters in some random part of a
musical work.

People who work only from printed sources will not be concerned with the
second, but people who work with manuscripts are regularly confronted with
many varieties of the second.

Thus I support the idea. I am wondering what the practicalities of
implementation in MEI are.

Eleanor