[MEI-L] Music21 MEI support

Andrew Hankinson, Mr andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Jan 6 17:45:31 CET 2011

Hi all,

I've started writing a module to support MEI in Music21, a new music analysis package for Python from some folks at MIT. It's still at a very preliminary stage, but it will parse a couple of example MEI files, including the Bach Toccata & Fugue BWV 565 example (a fairly complex example).

There's a long ways to go before it's fully implemented, but I thought I'd send it around to gauge interest and get feedback. You can find the code for it here:

http://github.com/ahankinson/music21-mei

If you're interested in using it, please read the README for more information on what it currently can and cannot do.

If you don't know Music21, you can find out more about it here: http://mit.edu/music21/

Any feedback, or even just "Hey, that's great! I can use this" messages would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
-Andrew

======
Andrew Hankinson, BMus, MLIS
PhD Candidate in Music Technology

Centre for Interdisciplinary Research
 in Music Media and Technology (CIRMMT)
Schulich School of Music, McGill University
555 Sherbrooke St. West
Montréal, QC, Canada H3A 1E3

Tel: 514.398.4535 x0300
Fax: 514.398.8061