[MEI-L] Music21 MEI support

Byrd, Donald A. donbyrd at indiana.edu
Sat Jan 8 03:15:50 CET 2011

For years Michael Cuthbert, the leader of the Music21 project, and I
have been exchanging e-mail, mostly about demanding features of music
notation but occasionally about things like visualizations of music,
especially coordinated visualizations, which we're both very interested
in. I like his ideas a lot, e.g., the fact that (or so he's told me) he
tells his students that "if a feature is in Don Byrd's [Extremes of
Conventional Music Notation]list, we have to at least try!" ...okay, I
may be a little biased about that :-) . Anyway, what I've seen of
Music21 is impressive.

--Don