[MEI-L] Date for 2010

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Wed Oct 14 21:27:37 CEST 2009

Dear list,

currently it looks like we have sufficient funding to bring all of you
to Detmold. I would like to ask all of you to confirm your
participation to this meeting with a personal email to me (attention:
replies to this mail will be served to the whole list…). I would also
like to hear which nights you intend to stay in Detmold in order to
make sufficient reservations at the hotel.

Regarding flights:

There are three airports that you could head for: Hannover, Frankfurt
and Düsseldorf. Hannover is the closest airport, but you might not get
a non-stop flight there. If so, I would recommend on of the other
airports. There are train stations at either of them, and you can
easily travel to Bielefeld (Düsseldorf) or Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe
(Frankfurt). From there you can reach Detmold with local trains, but I
hope that we can pick you up directly at these train stations (from
Kassel, it is not too convenient to take the train to Detmold,
especially after a night-flight). It could be a great help if our
flying participants could coordinate their arrival times at the airport
(s).

Regarding the technical team (Raffaele, Laurent, Perry):

We intend to have a meeting of this group following the 'official'
part. I would be great if you could reserve two more days to stay in
Detmold (Thursday and Friday). Please give me some feedback if this
could work out for each of you.

I hope this additional information helps to make your travel plans.
Best regards,

Johannes