[MEI-L] latest DTD, etc.

Roland, Perry (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Thu Mar 19 18:52:15 CET 2009

Hi, all,

I've put the latest version of the DTD in the subversion repo along with my edits to Syrinx_draft example.

I've also created a new MusicXML directory where I've put some copyright-free MusicXML examples and a Styles directory that contains the latest version of the MusicXML -> MEI transform.  The results of running the transform against (some of) the MusicXML files are directly in the Documents dir.

I've put these things in the repo in order to 1) have some more (albeit simpler) MEI examples, and 2) to solicit some help with the transform.  The reason I don't have MEI versions of all of the MusicXML is because the transform fails when there is a clef change as the last thing in the measure.  The butterfly, bwv0565, gladiolus, and sonata21-1 files all have this feature.  I'm at my wits end trying to find a solution.  So, for the time being I've put in a test for end-of-measure clef changes that aborts the transform, giving the user the opportunity to move the offending clef change to the start of the next measure.  I'd greatly appreciate any help with this problem.

--
perry

Perry Roland
Scholarly Resources