[MEI-L] form & function

Raffaele Viglianti raffaeleviglianti at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 13:36:20 CET 2009

Hi Johannes,

if I had to do that in TEI, I would use <msDesc>/<msContents> to describe a
manuscript source and <bilb> for a printed source. Although looking back at
the guidelines, I can't find a specific element to describe the function or
use of the source.
I think it could be a valuable addition to MEI. Maybe allowing <bibl> inside
<source> and adding a <msDesc>-like element would help to easily distinguish
between manuscript and printed documents, unless there's already a way to do
it of which I don't know about.

Best,
Raffaele