[mei-neumes-ig] [SPAM?] Re: MEI Neumes Module Draft, Version 0.21

Thomas Weber thomas.weber at notengrafik.com
Mon Oct 16 11:05:27 CEST 2017

Am 16.10.2017 um 00:42 schrieb Jason Stoessel:
> One question regarding @intm nomenclature came to mind, however. For me, what it seems to describe is not a relative melodic interval per se but melodic contour (or melodic motion) (an extension of Parsons code, as such, if this is not stating the obvious). So would it be more appropriate to refer instead to @melcont?

@intm is an already established attribute that can be used both for relative as well as absolute descriptions.

http://music-encoding.org/documentation/3.0.0/data.INTERVAL.MELODIC/

One thing I'd find more logical, though, would be if the values "sh" and "sl" would be replaced with "su" and "sd" because we have the pre-existing "u", "d" and "s".

--

Notengrafik Berlin GmbH
HRB 15007

UstID: DE 289234097