[mei-neumes-ig] Style name

Inga Behrendt inga.behrendt at uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Jun 21 21:59:15 CEST 2016

Hello!

There are lots of categories for neume families (of course everybody
knows). I just bring it back to mind:
a staffless or on staffs / adiastematic or diastematic
b and the notation on lines can be devided into nail notation or
square notation and others
c families sorted by location (Beneventan notation, neumes from St. Gall...)
d families sorted by systematic - Punktnotation (like e. g. Aquitanian
notation) and Akzentnotation (German neume notation, e. g. St. Gall
notation in neumes), both can be diastematic/on lines or
adiastematic/without lines
e handwritten (Flexibel in the vertical/horizontal ductus) or printed
(steretyped)
f more round, more angled
g sorted in chronological order

I use most of the time c, d and g. :)