[mei-neumes-ig] Style name

Roland, Perry D. (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Jun 21 20:02:02 CEST 2016

The <classification> elements exists to avoid integrating thesauri / ontologies into MEI.  With this approach, there can be any number of external classification schemes.  MEI only needs to provide a mechanism by which elements of the markup, like <neume> can be associated with a term.

Perry Roland
Music Library
University of Virginia
P. O. Box 400175