[mei-neumes-ig] Style name

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca
Mon Jun 20 19:30:25 CEST 2016

Hi all (but esp. Perry):

I was just perusing the new 3.0.0 guidelines, and noticed a new element: "<styleName>".

The documentation for it says "A label for a characteristic style of writing or performance, such as 'bebop' or 'rock-n-roll'." Is one possible use of this as an identifier of notation-specific writing styles like "st. gall" or "square neumes"?

I just wanted to check because I seem to remember Perry and I having long arguments over how to best capture this, and am surprised to see it there now. :)

-Andrew