[MEI-L] New MEI MuseScore Export Plugin

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 13:42:02 CET 2023

Dear MEI Community,

We're happy to announce a new plugin for MuseScore that will export to MEI!

This is a very basic plugin that uses Verovio running on an external web server to provide conversion, so it requires an internet connection. If you are interested in more details, please get in touch.

Instructions for how to install the plugin is available in the Readme on the GitHub repository. Once installed you should see an "MEI Export" option in your "Plugins" menu.

Note that we have tested it on both MuseScore 3 and 4, and it seems to work on both. However, since the MuseScore 4 core plugin system is currently being reworked, we can't guarantee that it will continue to work in MuseScore 4.

Cheers,
-Andrew

MuseScore Plugins Page: https://musescore.org/en/project/mei-export
GitHub repository Page:  https://github.com/rism-digital/musescore-mei