[MEI-L] 2021 MEI Board election results

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Mon Jan 3 10:35:02 CET 2022

Dear all,

As a member of the Board, I would like to the opportunity to thank our outgoing Board members. Elsa De Luca did an excellent job as our Administrative Chair of the MEI Board. Ichiro Fujinaga was a founding member of the Board and always provided extremely helpful advice. MEI owes both of you a lot for your service, so many many thanks for your dedication to MEI.

Another thanks goes to all our candidates. I don't recall such an impressive slate of candidates from past elections. Each of you would have been a wonderful asset to the work of the Board, but unfortunately, there are only three seats to be filled each year. I am quite confident that everyone of you will continue to contribute to MEI, independent from being a member of the Board. As you know, a lot of important work is happening in the Interest Groups, and you're all heavily engaged in this work – many thanks for that – so we will continue to collaborate in different capacities. While it seems a shame that MEI has to "refuse" such qualified candidates, it also shows the liveliness and activity of this community. That said, congratulations and welcome on Board to Anna, Benjamin, and Klaus – I'm already looking forward to your work on the Board.

Another thanks therefore goes to the community. This year, we had almost one hundred voters – people so passionate about MEI that they took the time to read candidates' statements and express their opinion who should serve in the Board. We should not take this for granted, as it really is an indicator for a high level of engagement within the community. So, thanks to everyone who cast their vote because they really care about MEI – it is wonderful to be a member of this great community.

Finally, many thanks to Laurent and Peter for running these elections so smoothly.

A Happy New Year, and all best to everyone,
For the MEI Board,
jo