[MEI-L] MEC 2019 Vienna: Registration open

Franz Kelnreiter kelnreiter at mozarteum.at
Fri Mar 1 08:52:26 CET 2019

*

Dear MEI-L,

We are delighted to announce that the registration for the Music
Encoding Conference 2019, held on 29 May - 1 June at the University of
Vienna, Austria, is now open!

You are invited to register for this event via conftool for MEC 2019
<https://www.conftool.net/music-encoding2019/>.

You can also find information about the program, venues and
accommodations at the conference website
<https://music-encoding.org/conference/2019/>.

Conference fees are the following:

1-31 March: 110 and 80 € for students; Conference dinner 10 €

1 April-20 May: 130 and 100 € for students; Conference dinner 15 €

Please note that early bird registration will end on 1 April.

We aim to organize this event in accordance with the guidelines of the
Austrian Ecolabel for Green Meetings in order to contribute to resource
conservation, climate protection, regional added value and awareness
raising. To help us in this endeavor, we kindly ask you to use
environmentally compatible, public means of transportation to travel to
the event location and consider booking an eco-labelled hotel (Austrian
Eco-label, European Ecolabel, EMAS or others) from our list of
recommendations. Reducing and separating waste like plastic, paper,
glass, etc. is very important to us, so please use the separate
collection systems provided at your hotel and at the event venues and
choose food and drinks in recyclable or reusable packaging. Our catering
Pool 7 <https://www.gruenerkreis.at/en/catering>meets the high standards
of the Austrian Ecolabel and will serve specialities made from regional
products at the lunch breaks. Before planning your trip to Vienna and
for more information on Green Meetings, please visit our guidelines at
the conference website
<https://music-encoding.org/conference/2019/green_meeting>.

We will be able to award bursaries to students to partially cover the
cost of registration, travel and accommodation.  More details on
deadlines, eligibility, and how to apply can be found at

the conference website.

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna!

Paul Gulewycz, ÖAW Wien

Robert Klugseder, ÖAW Wien

Norbert Dubowy, ISM Salzburg

Franz Kelnreiter, ISM Salzburg