[MEI-L] Details in sources

Daniel Alles DanielAlles at stud.uni-frankfurt.de
Wed Apr 5 19:54:43 CEST 2017

Dear David,

I'll move this topic to the MEI-L because I initially wanted to ask
the whole list for their opinions and mixed up the adresses...

Thank you for your reply, it helped me thinking about MEI once again.
I already knew that MEI does not tell me what is musicologically
important, that's why I wanted your opinions on how deep into detail
an encoding should go. Now I start thinking about MEI as a tool for
digital editions, not only as possibility of long-term archiving of
musical data (although that seems to me one of the big advantages of
MEI).

Maybe I get some more opinions to think about.

Best,
Daniel