[MEI-L] Measure 2 of Erlkonig

Cundiff, Morgan mcundiff at loc.gov
Fri Mar 17 03:35:01 CET 2017

Hey Perry,

Thanks. When I said "the issue is being able to set the duration of the <bTrem> (when used for dotted-quarter-note-as-triplet) to one beat in the 4/4 measure" I should have added, "and render it thusly in Verovio".

When I try the coding you suggest below there are two issues: 1) it creates dotted eight notes (instead of dotted quarter notes as in the score) and 2) the duration of the tremolo does not correctly set to a quarter note (in Verovio rendering) and thus align with the notes in the staff below.  See the Verovio output in the attached file btrem_3_8.png.

I tried setting the value of chord/@dur to 4. That produced tremolos as dotted quarter notes (as per the score) but again the Verovio rendering is out of alignment with staff below. See attached file btrem_3_4.png.

Perhaps Laurent can clarify.

Thanks again for your help.
Morgan

> set the duration of the <bTrem> (when used for dotted-quarter-note-as-
> triplet) to one beat in the 4/4 measure.

One can set the duration of the tremolo to be a quarter note by using bTrem/@dur --

<bTrem form="meas" num="3" dur="4">
  <chord stem.dir="up" stem.mod="1slash" dur="8" dots="1">
    <note pname="g" oct="3"/>
    <note pname="g" oct="4"/>
  </chord>
</bTrem>