[MEI-L] Sample encoding of mensural notation

Marnix van Berchum marnixvanberchum at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 12:31:48 CET 2017

Dear Daniel,

You might be interested in the editions of the CMME Project as well, e.g.
http://www.cmme.org/database/projects/4.

Although they are not encoded in MEI (they use a 'dialect' of MusicXML),
they are transcribed from original sources and include all features of
(white) mensural notation: ligatures, mensural note shapes, signs, original
note values etc. As editions they also include variant readings and
critical notes.

Due to lack of funding and time, the project is currently in a dormant
stage. So unfortunately in the short run we aren't able to solve the
browser-Java problems you will experience... Best solution is to download
our software, install it locally on your machine and download the
music-files from the website. The latest version of the software can be
downloaded at http://www.cmme.org/Editor-Latest/. A brief manual (editor.html)
can be found in the folder /doc. More music examples can be found at
https://github.com/tdumitrescu/cmme-music
<https://github.com/tdumitrescu/cmme-music>; as well as the full source
code on https://github.com/tdumitrescu/cmme-editor
<https://github.com/tdumitrescu/cmme-editor>.

Please contact me if you need more information on the use of the software,
and the background of CMME!

all best,

Marnix van Berchum
*Associate Director CMME*