[MEI-L] MEI Board elections – call for nominations
Benjamin W. Bohl
bohl at edirom.de
Mon Nov 21 15:00:59 CET 2016
Dear MEI Community,
on December 31, 2016, the terms of three MEI board members will come to an end. The entire Board wishes to thank Axel Teich Geertinger, Eleanor Selfridge-Field, and Johannes Kepper for their dedication to the MEI community. Additional gratitude is due Johannes for his leadership as Chair of the Board.
In order to fill these soon-to-be-vacant positions, elections must be held. The election process will take place in accordance with the Music Encoding Initiative By-Laws.
- Nominations can be sent to elections at music-encoding.org between November 21 - December 19, 2016.
- Individuals who have previously served on the Board are eligible for re-appointment.
- Any person who subscribes to MEI-L has the right to nominate candidates and/or be a candidate.
- Self nominations are welcome.
- Individuals will be informed of their nomination and asked to confirm their willingness to serve on the Board.
- Acceptance of a nomination requires submission of a short CV and a personal statement of interest in MEI (a maximum of 200 words each) to elections at music-encoding.org by December 28, 2016.
- The voting period will be open from January 1 - January 15, 2017.
- The election will take place using OpaVote and the Ranked Choice Voting method (https://www.opavote.com/methods/ranked-choice-voting).
- You will be informed about the election and your individual voting tokens in a separate e-mail.
The selection of Board members is an opportunity for each of you to have a voice in determining the future of MEI. Keep MEI open!
Benjamin W. Bohl
MEI Elections Officer 2016
by appointment of the MEI-Board
 The By-laws of the Music Encoding Initiative are available online at: http://music-encoding.org/community/mei-organization/mei-by-laws/
More information about the mei-l