[MEI-L] octaves and back

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Wed Oct 19 15:36:48 CEST 2016

of course we can specify an @endid or a @tstamp2 (even though this is sometimes a little complicated with our data), but I was looking for a way to encode the "loco" instruction written on the page. You're certainly not suggesting to include that text in the "opening" octave element. I'm just wondering of we really have to use the generic <dir> to encode this, or if it would be worthwhile to extend the definition of <octave> to allow a statement like "don't displace from here on". It's a little bit like an accidental, which is allowed to hold a natural, not only sharps and flats… (I'm aware that this is a foul comparison)

jo