[MEI-L] Sibelius to MEI 2.0.0 Released
andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 04:09:11 CEST 2016
I have just released a new version of Sibelius to MEI 2.0.0. This is a complete rewrite of the plugin from the ground up. I have been working on it for the past year, but was starting to hear confusion between which version of the plugin to use so I decided to release what I had to simplify bug fixes and troubleshooting.
Some of the big features in this release:
- Much, much, much, much (much) improved accidental handling. The old one was just painful.
- MEI 3.0.0 support.
- Improved spanning support (Ties, Slurs, etc.)
- Improved tuplet support
- Improved MIDI export hints
- Improvements to the underlying libmei library (better XML output, more helper methods)
- Improved warning system to alert users of notation that will produce bad / incompatible encoding (e.g., lyrics on chords: can be done in Sibelius; can't be encoded in MEI).
The plugin was written using the fantastic plgToMSS development tools from Tido (https://github.com/tido/plgToMSS). I can't say enough good things about it. If you write any Sibelius plugins, run, don't walk, and download it.
More information about the mei-l