[MEI-L] Input to MEI

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Tue Nov 17 12:31:17 CET 2015

Dear Herr Schöpf,

there is an XSLT that converts MusicXML to MEI, which is available from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/music-encoding/music-encoding/develop/tools/musicxml2mei/musicxml2mei-3.0.xsl

We've used that extensively for the Freischütz project to convert files from Finale. When you export from Finale, it will generate a so-called "partwise" MusicXML, which you have to convert to "timewise" MusicXML using the XSLT available from http://www.musicxml.com/for-developers/musicxml-xslt/partwise-to-timewise/. This "timewise" file can then be converted using the musicxml2mei converter mentioned above.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Best,
Johannes