[MEI-L] FW: changes to <eventList> and <event>

Roland, Perry D. (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Mon Nov 9 22:28:47 CET 2015

An <eventGrp> element containing <event> with the current model makes no sense as there's no indication of the grouping criterion.  The <date> followed by <eventGrp> construct makes it clear that the events are grouped by date.  In fact, that's the only way to group them using this model.

It is nothing like the concept of chords that you raise.  Order is a good thing here as it makes the structure of the data clear.