[MEI-L] FW: changes to <eventList> and <event>

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Mon Nov 9 22:19:30 CET 2015

I'm sorry to say, but I'm not convinced by this one either. I see the point to have an eventGroup element, but everything else seems rather dubious to me. By all means, I would like to keep the date inside events, even for free-form text-driven events (in contrast to data-driven events). Also, I hate the idea to have an alternation of events and something, and have to rely on document order to understand the meaning of something – this gets pretty close to MusicXML's concept of chords, doesn't it? Are there any real-world limitations that motivate this proposal? If so, could we discuss it with those examples on the table?

jo