[MEI-L] News: Music Encoding Conference 2016

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 22:09:14 CEST 2015

Dear MEI Community,

We're pleased to announce that we have received funding from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) for the 2016 Music Encoding Conference.

As part of this funding, we will be offering travel support for students to attend the conference and present their work. This comes in two forms:

-- Significantly reduced registration rates for all students
-- Five $800 travel bursaries, awarded on a merit basis to student presenters

The details of how to apply for the travel bursaries will be announced in the coming weeks. We will also be organizing a special event for conference attendees, the details of which will follow in the new year.

As a reminder, the deadline for submissions is the 31 October.

Call for Proposals: http://music-encoding.org/community/conference/call-for-proposals/ <http://music-encoding.org/community/conference/call-for-proposals/>
Conftool Submissions: https://www.conftool.net/music-encoding2016/ <https://www.conftool.net/music-encoding2016/>

We look forward to seeing your (and your students'!) submissions.

Thank you,

Ichiro Fujinaga
Andrew Hankinson