[MEI-L] Google Code deprecating downloads

Roland, Perry (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Tue Nov 19 18:07:10 CET 2013

We're already providing downloads from music-encoding.org.

For individual files, links point a location inside a tag, e.g., http://music-encoding.googlecode.com/svn/tags/MEI2013_v2.1.0/schemata/mei-CMN.rng, but for a "package" of files, links point to files in the download area, e.g., http://music-encoding.googlecode.com/files/MEI2013_v2.1.0.zip.

It's the last kind that's going to become problematic.  Putting the ZIP file inside the repo and then making it part of a tag makes it accessible.  Maintaining the links at music-encoding should be manage-able.

Perry Roland
Music Library
University of Virginia
P. O. Box 400175