[MEI-L] Conventional encoding of suggested accidentals (ficta)?

Peter Stadler stadler at edirom.de
Mon Jun 24 10:35:48 CEST 2013

Well, I am confused now …
What is the difference between
<supplied>
  <accid accid="s" />
</supplied>
and
<accid accid="s" func="edit"/>?

To me, both look like editorial additions?!

An additional note on the description of <supplied>. (Having tei:supplied in mind) I find the current description "… illegible for any reason" misleading as it seems there *must* have been something written. But what about editorial additions due to simple omission in the authorial score? TEI simply says: "signifies text supplied by the transcriber or editor for any reason …"[1]

Best
Peter

[1] http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-supplied.html

--