[MEI-L] "music discovery requirements" from Notes 69/3 (2013)

Eleanor Selfridge-Field esfield at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 27 01:46:47 CET 2013

http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/notes/v069/69.3.newcomer.html

This link should take you to a new, quite comprehensive article on "music
discovery", the fruit of extensive consideration by the (US) Music Library
Association.  It focuses mainly on scores, for which reason I thought that
those of you involved in the earlier discussion of "creators" et al. might
appreciate some of the commentary.

I realize that it is strongly flavored by US cataloguing protocols, but
there are a few topics that may resonate (in spirit, at least) with MEI.

If you cannot open the link, please let me know and I will download the
PDF.

Best regards,

Eleanor

Eleanor Selfridge-Field
Consulting Professor, Music (and, by courtesy, Symbolic Systems)
Braun Music Center #129
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-3076, USA
 <http://www.stanford.edu/~esfield/> http://www.stanford.edu/~esfield/