[MEI-L] FRBR in MEI

Benjamin Wolff Bohl bohl at edirom.de
Fri Nov 16 17:34:26 CET 2012

Hi Axel et al.,
first tanks for correctiong my repeationg mistake concerning the items,
which certainly did not increase clarity.
My head has continued working on the problematic dealing of FRBR with
recordings and I tried to graphically sort out my thougts (as you can
see in the attached image or [in case it doesn't go through] under
http://homepages.uni-paderborn.de/bwbohl/MEI/Bohl_FRBR.jpg).
The graphic is sort of a table with work, expression, manifestation and
item being the column labels. The contents first show a work with an
edition and an auograph source, then a performance ("Interpretation by
Kepper/Roland") and a recording (in red), and last some records (I just
realize I missed putting an experssion before the records, sorry for
that). Blue lines show hierarchical dependencies whereas green lines
indicate a "based upon" relationship.
The idea behind it is, that a interpretation of a work by a certain
conductor could be viewed as expression with him conduction a certain
orchestra being a manifestation and the actual performance one a certain
data at a certain location being the item (physical by means of the
sound waves;-)
A recording again is another experssion of the work although depending
on a certain interpretation-perfomance

I'm not a FRBR expert so I don't know how this all conforms with the
FRBR paper(s) but I would be happy to sort things out with you!

/benjamin