[MEI-L] symbol/symbolDef

Roland, Perry (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Mon Mar 19 13:34:41 CET 2012

Hi, Johannes,

> maybe we discovered another spot in MEI where including SVG might be helpful…?

Placing SVG inside <symbolDef> is fine with me.  But we need to investigate exactly how this might work, particularly with regard to "invoking" the SVG with symbol/@ref.  Also, should we *add SVG* or *replace the primitives with SVG*?  I admit I don't know enough about SVG to make good arguments either way.

This is somewhat related to the issue of TEI in MEI.  Or *any other XML* in MEI.  Honestly, it makes my head spin.

Will you create an issue in the tracker please?

Perry Roland
Music Library
University of Virginia
P. O. Box 400175