[MEI-L] clef as milestone element

TW zupftom at googlemail.com
Tue May 31 09:13:29 CEST 2011

Hi Andrew,

do you want the clef element for rendering purposes?  As far as I
understand, for storing rendering information you're developing a
separate layout tree anyway, so can't you record the clef (and even
the system break) there?  Then the musical data doesn't get cluttered
with layout information.  When there are different readings of
differing length, then different layouts are required anyway.  When
generating performance material, different layouts for the score and
each individual part are required as well (or would this be out of
scope?).

I hope I didn't totally misunderstand the issue.

Thomas Weber