[MEI-L] clef as milestone element

Maja Hartwig maja.hartwig at gmx.de
Tue May 31 08:11:41 CEST 2011

Hi Andrew!
We think you are right, that a clefchange makes no sense within this context.
Did you already tried this solution?

                       <measure>
                           <staff>
                               <layer>
                                   <note/>
                                 <sb/>
                                   <staffgrp>
                                       <staffdef>
                                           <clef line="2" shape="G"/>
                                       </staffdef>
                                   </staffgrp>
                                   <note/>
                               </layer>
                           </staff>
                       </measure>

        <measure n="1"/>
                        <sb/>
                        <measure n="2"/>
                        <measure n="3">
                            <staffgrp>
                                <staffdef n="1" clef.line="2" clef.shape="G"/>
                            </staffgrp>
                            <staff n="1">
                                <layer>
                                    <note/>
                                </layer>
                            </staff>
                        </measure>

We would prefer to keep it within <staffdef>.

Best,
Kristina and Maja